Marshmallow Root, Organic, Cut & Sifted
Marshmallow root (Althaea officinalis) has been used as an herbal remedy for thousands of years.. While it originally hails from Europe, Western Asia, and Northern Africa it now often grows wildly along with being cultivated in the Americas. As an herbal remedy, it may be ingested or topically applied. Marshmallow roots, cut or ground, and leaves are both often used herbally. Marshmallow has myriad folk remedy uses:
- Relieves Coughs Mucilage coats the esophagus and soothes it. Mucilage soothes esophagus.
- Promotes Skin Health Helps heal sun-damaged skin.
- Prevents Ulcers Marshmallow flower extracts may protect the gut from gastric ulcers.
- Helps Heal Wounds Antibacterial properties assist in recovery from wounds.
- Relieves Pain Acts as an analgesic. soothes such pains as sore throat and abrasions.
- Heals Gut Soothes inflamed and irritated digestive tract.
- Reduces Dry Mouth Increases saliva which protects against cavities
- Antioxidant Properties Protects against free radicals linked to myriad ailments.
Marshmallow root powder was originally popularly used for the sweet confection named -- marshmallows -- which are now usually made with other ingredients. One can still certainly make the original marshmallow candy at home marshmallow herb
|Dimensions||6 × 2 × 6 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.